Little Squirrels Nursery
EYPP Early Years Pupil Premium
Pupil Premium is allocated to pre schools / nurseries and schools based on the numbers of children who are currently known to be eligible.
Settings are free to spend the Pupil Premium as they see fit. However, we will be held accountable for how we have used the additional funding to support pupils from low-income families.
Like all providers of care and education for early years children, we are able to claim additional funding for some of the children who come to our setting. This extra funding is important because it lets us invest in the things that help to give your child a positive start to school life.
You might qualify for the Early Years Pupil Premium if you get any of the benefits below:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
The funding may also be available if your child:
- Has been Iooked after by the local authority for at least one day
- Has been adopted from care
- Has left care through special guardianship
- Is subject to a child arrangement order.
If you think that your child could be eligible, then ask us about filling in a form. We can help you to do this. Any information you share will be completely confidential and will not affect any benefits you receive.
Children eligible for EYPP are entitled to the following whilst at our setting:
- A book each week to exchange at the LSN library
- 11 extra hours of funded nursery provision at our setting
We all agree being able to offer eligible extra hours will help level childrens attainments accross the board for all children.
Extra time spent with team leaders, extra time to participate in events and activities.
2018 / 2019
Pupil Premium Income £14364.90